Allambie Park Cemetery is a place of peacefulness and rest. A tranquil setting where family and friends can commemorate and remember the lives of people that have been close to them.
Allambie Park Cemetery is located at 241 Lower King Road, Walmsley. It was opened in 1954 and remains the active cemetery for the Albany community. The Cemetery is managed by the Albany Cemetery Board, a group of up to 7 volunteers, who meet monthly.
Allambie Park has a chapel for memorial services with a seating capacity for up to 200. The chapel can be used as a place for conducting a service for any type of burial. It can also be hired for other events.
The burial grounds at Allambie Park provide an opportunity for family and friends to remember their loved ones. The first burial at Allambie Park Cemetery was in August 1954. Initially sections were divided by denomination with sections for the Roman Catholic, Salvation Army, Seventh Day Adventist, Lutheran, Christian Assembly, Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Free Reformed and Anglican as well as a general section. As the cemetery has developed over the years denominational sections were filled and a general section has been used almost exclusively since the late 1970’s.